You cannot force people to change
and you can’t change people. The only thing you can do is intercede on their
behalf in prayer and be an example. Consider how hard it is to change yourself
now picture trying to change someone. Most people don’t think they have any
issues or that anything is wrong with them. Some know they have issues but are too
fearful to even reflect why. Some, will continue to blame others “it’s not me,
its them” “she trippin” “He got issues I just reacted” “I’m a remote control,
they push my buttons and I do whatever they want.”
There are so many books out there
that tell us to act a certain way or do something and it will make another
person do what we want them to do. The last time I checked that was called
manipulation. Now some of those books are great because in retrospect we change
our own behaviors. I.E. Raising Standards; Helps us learn what we want and what
we don’t want. Let’s look at it this way. How could I change Joe’s behavior
because of a book that I read? Whether Joes issue is stealing, lying, cheating
or whatever he isn’t going to stop these things because a book that I read said
to ignore him until he changes. Ignoring someone is nothing but a power trip
and it’s immature. He is going to stop because he wants too. You cannot bank on someone else’s change
based on your own manipulative ways.
Let’s use Salvation as an example, you
can plant the seed and tell someone about Jesus but you can’t make someone feel
Jesus in their heart. It’s a process, the same goes for reading the bible. I
did not want to make changes in my life until I encountered the Holy Spirit and
needed instruction from the word. The bible is not used as a scope so you can see
into other people’s lives and point out their issues, the bible is a mirror to
look into your own life so you can make your own changes and show people the
same Grace and Mercy God lavishes upon us. So before you cut another person off
because they aren’t doing what you want, look at yourself. Don’t be so quick to
condemn someone with your death sentence.
“Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for
one another, that you may be healed . The prayer of a righteous person has a
great power as it is working.” James 5:16
No comments:
Post a Comment