Saturday, September 20, 2014

Excuses





To me excuses are like opinions... Everyone has them. To be honest, I've been wanting to write this blog for the past week but every time I thought about doing it I made an excuse as to why I could put it off. Some would call that Procrastination. Being labeled a "Procrastinator" sounds way better than "I just did not feel like doing it." because that would sound like I'm lazy right?

But think about how so many of us cover up the truth of not wanting to do something with an excuse and think about how so many of us accept the excuses that people give us and accept the excuses we give ourselves:

  • I really want to lose weight but I just love food to much; I like eating what I want when I want.
  • I would love to hang out but I'm busy and don't have that much time; I really don't want to make the time to hang out with you.
  • I need to focus on my career so I wont be able to talk to you as much; This relationship is not a priority
  • Ive always wanted to (Insert hobby or interest) but I just (Insert excuse here); Im not motivated
  • I'm not ready to do the work required to change; Its too hard 
  • I'm afraid of what I don't know. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't; I like being in a comfortable place
  • He/She really needs me; They aren't a child they need a come to Jesus moment
  • This is just who I am; I'm fine and I don't want to do better
  • I really want to go out and do something but I'm stuck in front of the TV following other peoples lives; self explanatory
  • It's not the right time; In reality it will never be the right time ever.
Excuses are so damaging and they really only allow us to fall into the loop hole of practicing failure and that's a dangerous cycle to be in.

I feel like everyone has a friend thats soooo full of excuses and if you were to call them out on it, they wouldnt believe you because they believe the excuse they give is always valid. *News Flash* What if youre that friend? If that cycle continues 5 years down the line you're going to ask yourself how did I get here? There are plenty of females out there who have stayed in bad relationships because they were still waiting on that relationship to become official and made excuses as to why they only saw their "man" once every other week. Now she's feeling insecure and rejected. There are plenty of males who have noticed red flags with a woman who was more concerned with instagram likes than pursuing something meaningful.Now he's heartbroken and doesn't want to commit to anything. There are people out there who have horrible jobs and are to scared to quit because they dont want to be uncomfortable and the only reason why they left is because they got laid off or fired.
If you lost the weight when you said you were going to you wouldnt be 40 pounds heavier, put the cookie down. If you have an innovating new idea, or you want to learn a new hobby get out there and do it. Dont condition your thought pattern to accept defeat. Put your phone down, stop being so immersed in someone Else's life and get up and do it.

But if you're going to make an excuse really take the time to sit down and ask yourself. Do I really want to do this or does it just sound good? Do you really want to put in the work or just reap the benefits? Be truthful with yourself because once you accept your truth that's the first step to recognizing who you are.

In summary: Quit Practicing Failure. Just do it.

Stay Positive Peeps

Love Maia !!

No comments:

Post a Comment