Have you ever been in a state of “blah”? Not sure where your
life is going or what exactly you are supposed to be doing? You got your degree
in one thing but doing something totally different or you're in school and changed your major ten times and have to stay in school longer or you have so many interests its hard to stick to one thing. In your mind there is a
clear view of how you envision your life in the future but there is no map to
tell you how to get there, all you have is just a picture. Or worse you are on
the right track but life suddenly hits you knocks you off and places you on a
different path, now you’re stuck at a fork in the road and faced with the
choices.
I can totally relate to that feeling. Life has a way of
making me ask myself “What am I doing?” When I got to college, I had no idea
what I really wanted to do, ever since the 7th grade I told myself I
wanted to be a physical therapist, well after Cell Biology and Anatomy and
Physiology that quickly changed. I jumped from interest to interest, thinking I
wanted to be in the air force to wanting to be a nurse. I just knew I wanted to
help people and I did not have the slightest clue on how to go about it. I quickly became that person that starts something realized they did not like it and dropped it. Guess what? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, a lot of people do not have the courage to try out so many different things because of a fear of failure. The only way you can figure out what you like is to go out and try it. So I
was just living and following other people. I think sometimes with the society
we live in, we get so caught up following other people’s lives that we don’t make
a life of our own. We follow people via YouTube, reality TV, Instagram twitter
and Facebook. All that is okay but your life shouldn’t be based on following
someone else’s life, unless you following Jesus. Getting so caught up in other
peoples reality can leave you feeling lost if you do not know your own purpose
in life. People are out here living their lives and you’re just a bystander.
If you’re not sure where you’re going in life or what you
want to do, I encourage you to shut down the pity party and work yourself up.
If you know that your passion is serving or helping people go out and volunteer
and see what you like. Or get a notebook write down what you envision your
future to be in the next 5 years and then make a plan to take the proper steps
about how you are going to get there. Don’t just stand around and wait for your
moment or dream about it, you have to make it happen. And when life throws you
curve balls don’t sit back and get all emotional, have a backup plan, figure
out the next step but most importantly do not stress out. Find a coping
mechanism, go running, write or sketch. Life is a journey and it takes time to
get on the right path, embrace the struggle. Its easy to be apathetic don't get caught up in that, make it a priority to do something with purpose, you never know whose life you are going to touch.
Love Maia

No comments:
Post a Comment