“Sticks and Stones may break my bones… but words will never hurt
me”
I wonder how many people believed that lie growing up, because I
still remember hurtful things people said to me as far back as second grade.
The truth of the matter is words hurt. I used to be the type of person that could
really fight with words, I knew if I slapped someone that was going to be
enough so I would think of the meanest, downright dirtiest comment to say about
them to their face because I knew that was gonna stick more than a slap in the
mouth was. They would still be thinking about the things I said from
now, as long as it hurt their self-esteem or hit them in their heart hard
enough. (But I’m delivered now, Amen
lol)
Now that I am older and doing different things with my life that
people do not necessarily agree with, somebody always got something to say. If
I mention that I’m joining Peace Corps and moving to Africa, I get an array of
negative responses or opinions. “Why do you want to join Peace Corps and live
in the middle of nowhere?” “You’re going to be living in a hut with no
electricity and no shower?” “You know women in the peace corps get raped?” And
I usually respond with a blank stare and say nothing because what I want to say
is most likely not a God led Response.
You can choose to give in to the things that people say to you and
about you or you can choose to ignore it because whatever someone says about
you or whatever they say negative to you is a reflection of what’s inside of
their heart and how they feel about themselves. That old saying “I’m rubber
your glue whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you” is actually
kind of true because what you say is a representation of you.
Matthew 15:16-20-“ Jesus replied, “You, too? Are you being willfully stupid?
Don’t you know that anything that is swallowed works its way through the
intestines and is finally defecated? But what comes out of the mouth gets its
start in the heart. It’s from the heart that we vomit up evil arguments,
murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, lies, and cussing. That’s what
pollutes. Eating or not eating certain foods, washing or not washing your
hands—that’s neither here nor there.”
Proverbs 21:23- “Watch
your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble”
|
|
|
If you have nothing but negative things to say, or purposefully
pick people apart to make yourself feel better you should probably pray for a
clean heart. God already knows you’re a mess on the inside and he longs to
make you whole. Because the tongue has the power of death and life choose to
speak life over people and if you don’t have anything positive to say to
anyone don’t say anything at all.
And Ladies referring to yourselves as anything less than a Woman
or a Lady is not cute and it needs to stop.
Stay Blessed
|
No comments:
Post a Comment